Saturday, August 1, 2009

Okay, it's official...it's crisis time for Bobby

Okay folks here's the deal....

Work is getting crazy. I am going to be spending every week until September 28 on the road except for one. That's a lot of time on the road. Once again, that's a lot of time on the road.

I had an interview yesterday in Greenboro NC for basically a supervisor role. Yeah, that's right, supervisor in a teamster's union plant. How fun does that sound? Not any fun to me, but you know what, I need that experience to move up. Don't worry, it's still with Danaher. I don't know if I really want it. I know I could save some cash if I moved there but that's not a good reason.

There is another opportunity out there, but I have to first decline the job to get access to the other one. It is the same role but in a plant outside Philadelphia PA. It's a smaller plant that is not vertically integrated at all compared to the NC plant. No union. A lot easier job wise but more expensive to live there compared to NC, but prolly like Chicago. I have no clue what to do.

But wait, there is another variable in the equation and you can't solve this one. I dare you to guess the "type" of variable this is. That's right, it's a woman. One that makes me forget about traveling for 5 weeks straight and the pressures of dealing with millions of inventory. My roommate says she plays me like a fiddle. I guess I am lost in the music she makes while playing that fiddle. I am going to have to talk to here, but I always say that. It's weird. Like yesterday for example. I get a voicemail saying she misses me. I call her back. No answer so left a voicemail. Never heard back. Sent a text this morning and she answered back. And everyone wonders why these "variables" can't ever be solved. I think it is because the wiring up there is something that only God can understand. The point is that I need to talk to her about me moving and I think I already know what's going to happen. She bought a townhouse yesterday...

So where is the good news for Bobby? Well, I can say I have food, clothing, and shelter. A lot of people can't say that. I also have a job. I got to visit one of my best friends last week in STL. That was fun. I ran 15 miles this morning. That was also fun believe it or not.

I am sitting at home this weekend because I haven't saved any money from the last three paychecks. There is a wedding party, six flags adventure, b-day party, and a cubs game that I have opted not to go to for the fact of saving money. Don't worry, next weekend I am going to the racetrack to spend a couple of hundred. I'll get my fix that way.

I am also going to think long and hard about what to do.

Later,

Bobby

No comments: