Monday, December 28, 2009

Bloggin From the Hosptial

First of, I am not hospitalized, my grandma is.

So, I was pretty damn excited to come home for the holiday. Due to weather, I got up early last Tuesday and headed to the Philly airport to try to catch and earlier flight. I know it was a long shot but I figured with all the weather, I better try. I say the longest security line ever and had to go through a bunch of hoops, but I got on a 8am flight back to Chicago. I wasn't supposed to leave until 1:45pm. This in itself was a miracle.

I got home and took a taxi back to Buffalo Grove. Somehow, my car manage to start. Then I went and had lunch with Rachel, which was just fantastic. After lunch we went to Barnes n Noble where I proceeded to buy books. I like books.

Later in the day, I called my mom. She was crying and hung up on me. I knew then that it had to do with my grandma and it is probably game over for her. They did a lung biopsy but I don't need to know the results. When someone says "mass in lung" it means lung cancer. I'm just waiting for the results to know how long we have. She also needs a rod to be put in her hip because he hip is about to break.

I got this news the day before my birthday. One week before I am supposed to leave for California. Then to top it off, I got an angry phone call from Rachel. I tried sending her a surprise scrapbook but the person who was making it for me screwed it all up and didn't even finish it. She was pissed about how I sent a "random" package to her apt and it didn't even have her name on it. She had a right to be pissed. I really screwed this up. I didn't hear from her again until yesterday in an email. I'm an idiot.

On a more positive note, I did go to New York City the weekend before I left for Chicago. I had an awesome time. I saw a bunch of things including a comedy show where I never laughed so hard before. I can't wait until I go back.

So, hear I am. I have spent everyday at the hospital since Christmas Eve. Part of the reason is I want to be here when the news comes. Also, my grandma isn't completely with it all the time so I talk to the doctors to find out what is going on. My grandma still wants me to go to California so I am going, but I really don't want to leave her. Believe me, I want to go. this is a really tough deal.

I plan on coming back to Chicago every three weeks to see my grandma until she gets worse, then I'll come every weekend. It's going to be a financial drain but it's what I have to do. How could I not do it?

Other than all this, not much is going on. Grandma will be numero uno priority for awhile.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a safe New Year.

Later,

Bobby

No comments: