Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Great-Grandma Died Today

So, today my great-grandma died today, exactly 6 days after I saw here last. Currently, I am is disbelief. I just can't fathom that this has happened the week after I saw her. Her and my great-grandpa were married for 67 years. I have this feeling of disbelief. The funeral is set for Saturday so my brother and I are going down there on Friday night. My parents are going down there tomorrow with my sister and all of us are coming back on Saturday night. It is just amazing how quickly the world can change. Today, I thought I would spend the weekend doing nothing and now it is driving to Mississippi on Friday night and coming back on Saturday night, then flying out on Sunday for work.

This December will be different. There will be no Christmas with either sets of grandparents. My grandma is going with my aunt somewhere. This is so she doesn't have to think about my grandpa that died in January, but was dying of cancer during the holidays. I can predict that my other grandparents will be in Mississippi taking care of my great-grandpa. My birthday will be another day. I am going to work. So this December it will be different. I am getting old and I guess this is what happens.

I hope everyone's December is better than the one I am going to have. It is going to be difficult. For us that still have jobs, we have to be thankful. For those who don't, I am hope you can weather the storm.

I am looking forward to the New Year. Change will happen.

No comments: