Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Bobby X. Post

Well due to high demand, I figured I would post tonight. Actually, I will post more often now that people desire to know what truly awesome things I am doing.

Well, in my last post, I said I was going on a date. It didn't go well, but I did go on another one tonight. This girl was a lot better, not better looking, but overall just better. I think I liked her and would see her again but we'll see.

Work is going okay I suppose. I was able to travel to Oregon a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome since I got to have some good beers and really not do too much while I was out there. When you can save a few million by doing simple things, it feels good. With the economy the way it is, you do all you can. I wish people who had jobs would work harder to keep them. Eventually, it will catch up with them or at least I hope so.

The biggest thing on my mind is taxes. E-Filing is a rip-off. You can't just "e-file" with the government. You have to PAY someone to use some software. This year, I decided to use the infamous Turbo Tax. I hear it's so great and they just so happen to send me a CD in the mail. I pay about 70 bucks for this shit. Next year, I will just stick to the paper and pen. It will cost me 2 bucks to mail them in and wait 6 weeks. I am okay with that. With that being said, I can't wait for my money to come! I am either going to save it for a car or pay off some college loans. I hear people saying that having cash available is more important than paying off simple debt. I can always buy beer. That's seems like a good investment.

Oh, and other thing, I got braces on Friday. I actually got ceramic braces. Why? I think it is a good long term investment. I grind my teeth and with their current alignment, 20 years from now I may not have too much left of my bottom front teeth. So far it hasn't been bad. I just can't talk real good or eat. You know, those essential functions of life.

Other than that, not much is going on. This weekend is St. Patrick's Day weekend and I am going to see some pretty cool bands. I am sure I will be tired, hungover, and waiting for Monday to come around.

Daylight's Savings came out of nowhere this year. My roommate told me two days before that it was happening. I didn't have time to adjust my lifestyle. When you sleep and eat and stuff at a certain time, you don't like change. Getting up a hour early is really not cool. I have been getting up an extra hour already this week for kaizen. I'll get over it.

Today 60 degrees...tomorrow 30. I don't know what's going on but I'm ready for spring.

I saw slumdog millionare. It was okay. I didn't see what the big deal was. I got carded at the movies. Can you believe that? I wasn't too thrilled. Hey kid, I am 10 year older than you!

A study published this week indicated that gas prices are slowing increasing. Well no shit, I could have published this study. If you drive by a gas station, you could easily figure that out. Who wasted money for that study.

I hope this post satisfies until my next post. Hopefully, I will have some good stories to tell after this weekend.

Later,

Bobby

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Yo Bobby..
Try Taxact. It's free if you make a certain amount and minimal if you make over that amount. I've been using it for a couple years now and it's the shit.
Thanks for finally posting. ;o)